San Leandro USD

Tradition and Innovation

Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

How do I start the enrollment process?

Start your student enrollment process online by following these easy steps.

Step 1: Find your resident school
Step 2: Enroll Online – New and former SLUSD students

What is my resident school?

To find your resident school, go to SLUSD SchoolSite Locator and enter your street address and grade in the search box. You home school will have a box under it that says “This is your assigned school”.

What documents do I need to complete enrollment?

To see a complete list of all the required documents, please go to “Required Documents & Forms“.

What if I don’t have all the required documents? Can I still begin the enrollment process?

If you don’t have all the required documents, you can still begin your online enrollment process. You can save what you have and come back to the application anytime to finish up. Depending on what documents you are missing you may need to come to the Student Services office for an appointment.

How old does my child need be to start school?

Your child needs to be 5 years old by September 1st for Kindergarten or turning 5 between September 2nd and February 2nd for Transitional Kindergarten. See FAQ for Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten.

When does school start?

The first day of school for the 2022-2023 School year will be August 17th.

How do I apply for an Intra-District transfer?

Please see the Intra-District Transfer page for more information.

How do I transfer from another district?

Please see the Inter-District Transfer page for more information.

Do I need to have the physical form to get a physical check-up for my child?

Your doctor should be able to provide you with a physical form, but if you need one, you can download it below. A physical is required for 1st grade or if this is your first year in public school.

Physical Form (English)

Physical Form (Spanish)

Do I need to have the dental form to get a dental check-up for my child?

Your doctor should be able to provide you with proof of a dental exam, but if you need a form, you can download it below. A dental exam is required for Kindergarten.

Dental Form (English)

Dental Form (Spanish)

If I did the online enrollment, do I still need to create an Aeries Parent Portal Account?

Yes, if you did the online enrollment, you will still need to create your Aeries Parent Portal Account. To create your Aeries Portal Account, please contact your school site.

Why do I need an Aeries Parent Portal Account?

SLUSD uses the Aeries Portal Account to provide you access to confidential data for your student, such as grades, attendance reports, discipline, emergency contacts, and other related school documents.

When will I know my student teacher/schedule?

You can find your students’ teacher or schedule by noon the day before the first day of school starts in your AERIES Parent Portal account.

Do you have any bilingual programs?

Yes, see Instructional Programs for English Learners page

My student has an IEP. Where do I begin the registration process?

If your student has an IEP, you will need to start with the online registration. Click on  this link to get started:  Enroll Online – New and former SLUSD students

I want my student to be assessed for Special Education.

If you want your student to be assessed for Special Education, please call 510-667-3503.